Many people believe that it takes a long time to grow sales, however, what if we told you it only takes five minutes?
A Wallstreet Journal Bestselling Author, Global Sales Consultant, Podcast Host, Keynote Speaker, and CEO of The Revenue Growth Consultancy, Alex Goldfayn, gives sales and marketers the keys to unlocking sales growth in five minutes. He talks through the power of the “Did you know…” question, why phone calls are so important, and the difference that will set you apart as a salesperson from the competition.
- Asking a “Did you know…” question successfully leads to a new deal 20% of the time. What is your product or service that you can be sharing with your prospects or customers that they do not know about?
- Take the time and ask customers what is on their wishlist and then see how you can further help them achieve this.
- Behavior follows mindset, so if you are trying to implement change internally, address the mindset first, not the actual change order action.
- When it comes to sales calls Alex Goldfayn says, “It’s not so much the ending as it is the experience.” What kind of experience is your sales team having on their calls and what kind of experience is your company creating for their buyers?
- Communicate that you care about the customer by making phone calls, asking them how they’re doing, and what they are working on these days that you can help them with. Be proactive!
- “I don’t even call it selling, I just call it helping more people more.” - Alex Goldfayn
- Marketers can focus on sending helpful content and then working in a did you know we also help with X question, into their nurture campaigns.
- Someone may not remember an email, but they will remember a phone call. Not enough salespeople are on the phone, so if you get good at being on the phone, you are going to be ahead of the game.
- Career Advice from Alex Goldfayn: “Our fears are much greater than what will actually happen in reality when we experience them.”
- 5 Minute Selling: https://www.amazon.com/5-Minute-Selling-Proven-Simple-System/dp/1119687659
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexgoldfayn/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/alexgoldfayn
- Goldfayn.com: https://goldfayn.com/
- Sell More Now Podcast: https://goldfayn.com/sell-more-now-podcast/
- The Gallery: https://www.thegallerylf.com/
- It takes a lot of time to grow sales. - This is NOT the case. Proactively communicating with customers and prospects for a combined five minutes each day is what grows sales. It does not take a lot of time.
- 34:04 Alexandra from BrightTalk
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/d-6w6XwTRl4