It’s time to launch your business into the spotlight and get noticed using these expert PR tips from TV anchor, journalist, entrepreneur and Owner of Media Maven, Christina Nicholson.
This episode covers the importance of crafting thoughtful, compelling messages and offers insight into utilizing media resources for strategic brand exposure. Learn what you need to develop a killer PR strategy, how to properly pitch your brand’s story and why every business, regardless of size, can benefit from media publicity.
- If you are an expert in your industry share that expertise to what’s being discussed in the public sector.
- When pitching your business or product aim for the 3 E’s; be educational, entertaining, and emotional.
- People remember stories. Your expertise is great, but when you put it into play with your story it means so much more.
- Be clear on who you’re targeting so the way you spend your time is useful and you’re actually earning the publicity to profit.
- Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. That’s the only way to grow your business.
- People can’t do business with you if they don’t know about you. Get known.
- Make sure your digital footprint looks okay. When people google you what are they going to find? When they search can they find you?
- Get on Twitter. Many members of the media are on Twitter. Read articles, comment and follow. Building relationships helps.