Marketing has come a long way from the “Mad Men” days. However, some teams still struggle with a generational disconnect. How can we bridge the gap to market more effectively?
A Marketing Leader, Director of Marketing, Andrew Sheaffer, discusses the generational mindsets in marketing teams and actions.
- People know when they are being sold to. However, if the message is targeted to customers who have a need for the product it feels more personal and helpful.
- Have your department heads create goals for the quarter. This’ll direct the team on what to achieve and what needs to be accomplished.
- Use SEO when approaching different generational mindsets. This is a simple way to show what keywords and phrases are best for targeting.
- Whether it is a new or existing business, associate your marketing efforts with revenue. This will ground them and avoid getting lost in branding.
- Career Advice: Know the importance of rolling up your sleeves and figuring something out yourself. Put it into action!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-sheaffer-4648573b/
- Integrated Financial Holdings: https://ifhinc.com
- 55:08 Elizabeth Costa
- Not everyone can be a marketer. Appointing an individual to specifically head marketing operations will optimize success and connection with your target audience.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/2-MZGDhfj9M