It is time to end the schism between sales and marketing! How do we create a cohesive environment between these departments?
A Marketing Motivator and Director of Field Marketing at Logz.io, Nick Bennett, brings to light the secrets of marketing and sales department collaboration.
- Modern marketers have shifted to caring about revenue throughout the whole buyer's journey rather than getting people into the top of the funnel.
- Marketing should attend their sales team’s weekly or quarterly meetings. This strengthens the bond between marketing and sales by understanding the other department’s point of view.
- Pipeline is what matters at the end of the day. A lead can be dressed up as much as possible, but if it’s not a great lead then it is not going to create the results that sales needs.
- Communication is key between sales and marketing. Marketers are the strategic advisor for sales. Inform the sales department of all campaigns that are being promoted.
- “People buy from people. Care about the person on the other side and do things that maybe cannot be measured by marketing, but you know will push the needle.” ~Nick Bennett
- Career advice: Build your personal brand early on. Maximize networking!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nickbennett1/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickB2005
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RevGenius: https://www.revgenius.com
- Revenue Collective: https://www.revenuecollective.com
- Sales are not the best marketers out there. A company needs to have sales and marketing alignment or else there won’t be a cohesive team. Collaboration is key to success.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/x3yKha8LhDM