Stop driving your data analysis in the wrong direction! Get the latest scoop on predictive data techniques with analysis entrepreneur, author, co-founder, President and CTO of Squark, Judah Phillips.
This episode talks all about the difference between leading and lagging business indicators, how to use predictive analysis to make better decisions for the future, and how AI is used as an augmenter to help us focus on the data and the outcomes that matter.
- Pay attention to your leading and lagging indicators. Familiarize yourself with the difference between the two and the types of data each one can give you.
- It’s okay to use dashboards and KPIs but don’t expect them to give you the best, most in-depth data.
- Descriptive and diagnostic analysis are backwards looking indicators and predictive and prescriptive analysis are more forward looking indicators.
- If you can predict, you can make better decisions. Keep your eyes fixed straight ahead in the right direction.
- There are two types of machine learning: supervised and unsupervised.
- Any technology can be used for bad, but AI will be an augmenter that helps us make better decisions to focus more on the data and outcomes that matter.
- Machine learning can help you identify where you need to clean up your data.
- Don’t forget the ethics in AI. If you are in the AI industry it is important to communicate the positive benefits of AI because some people have a negative perspective of it.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judahphillips/
- Twitter: @judah
- Website: https://squarkai.com/
- Squark Free Trial: https://squarkai.com/free-trial/#.XL5brPZFzZs
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org