Marketing automation platforms can be complex. There is a specific process to follow for set up, and then once the technology is set up, teams often use it at a minimalistic level when there is so much more that can be unleashed.
A Marketing Leader, Speaker, Mentor, the Author of Marketing Automation Unleashed, Founder & CMO of Cheshire Impact, and the host of The Hard Corps Marketing Show, Casey Cheshire, is interviewed by former guest and the Chief Evangelist of BombBomb, Ethan Beute, for a special episode where the host talks marketing automation and sets the record straight!
- The whole point of using an implementation partner is to skip all the mistakes and painful moments that can happen. A partner has already seen mistakes that happened from previous clients and they are able to apply that experience to your business’ implementation.
- Most people only use 30% or less of their marketing automation tool.
- Marketing automation in four words is capture, nurture, automate, and report.
- Capture is all about getting leads that come to your website to convert.
- “...somehow we expect our customers to come to our website and get married to us on the very first form...you see this all the time when you have a form with 12 fields.” - Casey Cheshire
- Progressive profiling allows you to ask a series of questions over several visits to your site. Pardot will never ask the same question twice.
- Nurturing with marketing automation is about encouraging prospect growth, actually solving their problems, and providing value with your content.
- If a prospect says reach out to me in six months, nurture them along the way to keep your brand top of mind.
- Marketing automation allows you to automate processes that would otherwise take up precious hours of your time. A marketer can automatically send prioritized leads to sales that are considered to be sales qualified.
- “The whole point of marketing automation is to prioritize human time.” - Casey Cheshire
- A marketer’s report should display which marketing campaigns are working and which are not. More marketing activities does not necessarily mean more results.
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caseycheshire/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaseyChesh
- Cheshire Impact: http://cheshireimpact.com/
- Marketing Automation Unleashed: https://go.cheshireimpact.com/cheshirebook
- Caseycheshire.com: https://caseycheshire.com/
- The marketing automation platform is done being set up once the implementation is over. - This is NOT the case. A marketing automation platform needs to be continually added to, it needs to be given a process for how it can be developed and optimized towards your business needs.