Data driven approaches are great for creating logical predictions for how customers will interact with content. However, people are not cut and paste. It’s time to take a more personal approach and think like the customer.
A Marketing Leader, Strategist, Artist, Writer, Speaker, Fractional CMO, Founder of The ABM Journal, Founder and Chief Marketing Strategist at MESH Interactive Agency, Bill Schick, shares his knowledge of customer viewpoint.
- Following a very rational data approach to marketing runs the risk of going down the same path as competitors. There is no one forum to marketing success.
- Try adding a humanistic approach to marketing. People want to know who is on the company’s team and why you created what you have created.
- Present data or a view that those who have financial jurisdiction respect above their own. This will promote alignment and overcome any preconceived views the individual may have about something.
- Don’t be afraid to be experimental when it comes to account based marketing. Try creating a strategy that has an unexpected angle that relates to the conversation and their work reality.
- Create experiences that teach or that have interactive components. This allows sales representatives to have a more personal connection early on to start the conversation with customers.
- Career advice: Don’t feed into the fear of risk. Make the jump!
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/founderandcdo/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BillSchick
- MESH Interactive Agency: https://www.meshagency.com
- The ABM Journal: https://www.theabmjournal.com
- Tom Hessen Episode: https://www.hardcorpsmarketing.com/e/true-buyer-intent-discovery-tom-hessen-hard-corps-marketing-show-220/
- Not everybody can be in marketing. It takes a special kind of person to do the digging and be creative!
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/1xR6ayOluzU