A Marketing Leader, Marketing Coach and Consultant, Fractional CMO, Speaker, Podcast Host of Your Perfect Marketing Strategy, Founder of CMOx, Casey Stanton, delves into an alternative ascent for a marketing career.
- A Fractional CMO has the benefit of long-term contracts like a CMO. This allows for more stability in the business, stability in income, and work with the best clients.
- Fractional CMOs are a happy medium between marketing consulting and CMO. It gives you authority without the unnecessary noise in an organization.
- Becoming a Fractional CMO before a CMO will allow you to have more experience in strategy. This will make you more appealing for the promotion.
- Have more legs that support you. Instead of having a few high priced clients acquire multiple clients. This allows for more stability and a cushion if a client leaves.
- Career advice: Focus on the slow to change aspects in your life and you will have less anxiety about the future.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/caseystanton/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CaseyStanton
- Personal Website: https://caseystanton.com
- CMOx: https://cmox.co
- You should not have to wait 17 years to ascend in your career as a marketer to become a CMO of an organization. The wait is unnecessary as the role of the CMO is the shortest lived executive role.
- Marketing consulting is not a stable income stream. It is tough to always have recurring revenue.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/XxQ_JV-m-mg