At the end of the day, when a company hires you, whether it is for a job, or they purchase your business’ product or service, is it because of your history and resume alone?
An Interactive Marketer, Speaker, Entrepreneur, Internet Broadcaster, Marketing Matchmaker, and the CEO & Founder of Setup, Joe Koufman, shares his matchmaking expertise and encourages marketers to illustrate the potential and value that they can provide to a company’s future solution, rather than speaking only to their background. This episode is filled with great career advice and thought provoking takeaways for how a business can make themselves stand out among their competitors.
- When applying for a job, your resume is more there to verify that you can do what you say you can do, but it is not the emphasis of why you will be hired. You will be hired for the service that you can bring to help solve a business’ problem.
- Consider using an infographic to share your expertise. Infographics help tell a story and illustrate your company’s personality and values to the prospect.
- People may not remember what you say, but they will remember how you made them feel.
- Make you and your business stand out to your target audience. Get creative and help them see you as a fit for their future solution.
- The road from an entry level position to a CMO, is not always a linear path.
- “Brand marketing is long-term lead generation.” - Joe Koufman
- Future clients are looking for referrals not waiting for cold calls.
- If you are not passionate about what you are doing, then go and do something else.
- Setup: https://setup.us/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joekoufman/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/GumboShowJoe
- Setup Twitter: https://twitter.com/SetupSays
- Marketer Matchups: http://MarketerMatchups.com
- The 5-Day Turnaround by Jeff Hilimire: https://amzn.to/3bplOOg
- Your resume and background is the deciding factor for if you or your business gets hired. - This is not the case. No one cares about your background. The company is not hiring you or your business because of what you did, they are hiring you for the future solution that you can be a part of for them.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/7_wOfHodV6c