As marketers, we know that metrics are powerful tools. How do we choose the key performance indicators (KPI) that matter most for our company’s target audience?
A SAS Marketing Leader, CMO/Consultant/Advisor at IrisVR, Alon Waks, discusses how to navigate KPIs and transition into outbound marketing.
- “Payback is the number one KPI that I care about! This is the dollar in/dollar out pipeline.”~Alon Waks
- Have sales work accounts rather than individual leads. If you look at an enterprise mid-market it is rare that there is one contact with one buyer who is also the user. Every buying group should certainly constitute an account.
- Do not spray and pray! Strategically targeting a few accounts as opposed to 500 accounts is key to prioritizing efforts and winning more deals.
- While transitioning from inbound to outbound marketing, focus on these three key elements: 1) Change your internal terminology, 2) Have a pilot group that shows success, and 3) Look at ROI measurements.
- One to one is marketing and sales working together to make custom everything for an account. Personalize a video, event, merchandise, etc.
- Career advice: Do not wait to do professional development. Go and learn now while the market is down.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alonwaks/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start with the KPIs that really matter. Demos and the amount of visitors coming to your website are great to look at, but they are secondary. Focus on the metrics that matter to your company.
- Do not go and buy an account based marketing tool before knowing what account based means for your company and the corresponding data that goes along with them.
- Marketing can not do one to one at scale - One to one is relationship marketing which is a completely different approach.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/nK8-6bpuHlg