Account Based Marketing has gained momentum with business to business companies, but how do we utilize accounts that fit our ideal customer profile to create the most impact?
A Marketing Leader, Author of Account-Based Marketing, Speaker, Evangelist, ABM Strategist, Jessica Fewless, discusses how to refine your ideal customer profile and personalize marketing to them.
- Intent should inform your strategy. Once you come up with the ideal customer profile, use intent to figure out who is in the market now in order to find out which accounts to focus on first.
- Collaborate with your marketing, sales, and customer success teams to find your ideal customer profile (ICP). ICP needs to be refined each year as the market changes.
- Just because you want to sell to somebody doesn't mean that they want to buy from you and vice versa.
- Be intentional with your account-based marketing strategy. We have more data than ever before, use it to segment your ICP list.
- It is time to rethink the customer marketing function. Due to today’s economic climate, it is all hands on deck to save and grow as much of the business that we currently have.
- When marketing to your one-to-one treat each customer/company as a market of one. Everything should be 100% personalized for them. Make them feel special, use their vernacular, and give them a piece of collateral with their logo on it!
- Career advice: Having different job opportunities is like dating. As you go through your career, figure out what you liked and what you didn’t to find exactly what the right company is for you.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jfewless/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jfewlessB2B
- Email: email@example.com
- Account-Based Marketing: https://www.amazon.com/Account-Based-Marketing-Target-Companies-Revenue
- 19:53 Christopher Engman
- You can’t buy your way into an ABM Strategy! First you need the strategy and then you buy the technology. Sales representatives can be very compelling - don’t fall into “Shiny Object Syndrome!”
- Death to nurture! Sometimes nurture gets in the way of good marketing. Try partnering it with your sales development rep. This will allow you to have a more personalized approach to account-based marketing.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/PMs3o-qNQ4E