Some people see and use their marketing department as a print shop, but marketing is so much more than font, colors, and polished collateral.
A Marketing Leader, Growth Manager, and the Director of Marketing and Business Development at Aronson LLC, Carrie Hankey, urges businesses to use the talent in their marketing department towards a more strategic effort. For marketers, she shares what they need to do to prove their value and get a seat at the table.
- Marketers, to get a seat at the table in your organization, be results driven. Prove the value that your efforts are driving for the business.
- When designing a piece of content, establish the goal that the content is trying to achieve and the target audience it is trying to reach.
- There is a time to use automation and there is a time to be responsive to the current situation and hone in on what prospects really need.
- Rather than always trying to book a meeting with a prospect, provide valuable content that will help them do their job better.
- Identify who owns the client experience within your organization, to make sure it is how it should be. Whether it is a new add-on to the website, or the buying process, all of it should be designed with the customer in mind.
- Use data visualization to help illustrate the value that your marketing efforts provide. Consider using dashboards to share your story’s impact.
- Have a contact management process among your marketing, sales, and service teams. The process will help ensure that the right people are receiving the right message at the right time.
- Career Advice from Carrie Hankey - Get experience in the field as early as you can, to learn what you like most and what you do not want to do for the rest of your career.
- Aronson LLC: https://aronsonllc.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carrieliller/
- Email: CHankey@aronsonllc.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/C_Hankey
- Modeling Clay Skeleton Figures: https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Kids-Create-Clay-Dinosaurs/dp/B0792R1MQH/ref=asc_df_B0792R1MQH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309763877940&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9798457938890072513&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005708&hvtargid=pla-495251780784&psc=1
- Marketing is the process of making things look pretty. - Only using the marketing function as a print shop is a waste of a company’s talent and resources. Marketing gets a broad perspective of the company and they are able to ask and weigh in on the strategic questions that need to be answered.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/Tto9bKVKUAE