Marketers often look at metrics such as how long prospects spend time on a page or how many clicks they get. However, are marketers really learning anything about the intent of their buyers in this way?
A Business Leader, Software Entrepreneur, Consultant, CEO at 9Lenses, Tom Hessen, delves into the intent of buyers and how to assess their needs.
- Marketers are often incentivized by quantitative leads. Unfortunately, this damages the sales and marketing relationship, especially if the “leads” they are presenting aren’t ready to talk to sales.
- Assessments are an incredible way to add value to the prospect while educating them on all you have to offer. They are tailored and personalized to fit their needs.
- Discover calls as we know them need to die. It all starts with marketing. Find the prospects true business needs before sending it to sales.
- No matter if you have known your prospect for 5 years or 5 days have them take the assessment before you have a discovery call. This will educate them and yourself to progress further faster.
- Interactive content is more engaging for your audiences at the top of the funnel. This is a great opportunity to add more value and personalization.
- Marketers can not know something about a prospect by the measurement of intent such as what they viewed or how much time they spent on a page. This does not show their viability as a buyer.
Ways to Tune In:
- iTunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show/id1338838763
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/show/1vVLpNI1LssMTiL6Kdsamn
- Stitcher - https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-hard-corps-marketing-show
- Google Play - https://play.google.com/music/m/Im7mytmu2wa2mekhoeixlja5hpe?t=The_Hard_Corps_Marketing_Show
- YouTube - Full video - https://youtu.be/U9LhpqnDXQw