March 29, 2018
Unleash the power growth hacking & growth marketing holds in this episode with the wonderful & passionate marketer Asia Matos, CEO & Founder of Demand Maven!
Determine how to reveal the valuable information your customers hold, the difference between growth hacking & growth marketing, how qualitative research doubles conversion rates, and the myths that get punched right in the face!
- Increase email open rates with an emoji in subject line
- Growth hacking is usually channel specific; growth marketing affects a core KPI
- Websites are the first line of defense & the content matters!
- Talking to customers needs to be a TOP priority
- Channels don’t exist in isolation from the business & customers
- Approach growth as experiments & remember it does not happen overnight!
March 27, 2018
Cross the oceans of content and account based marketing with digital marketing devotee Heidi Vandermeer, ABM Manager at Uberflip!
Determine what exactly account based marketing is, how to use sales to help with marketing efforts, the importance of promoting content marketing, and which myths bite the dust!
- Validate the story that data tells with your sales team
- Content marketing does not fuel inbound marketing; market your content!
- Account based marketing = concentrating on a defined list of target accounts
- Step beyond the page & connect with people to learn
- Test it out with ABM segmentation to see what resonates
- Content is a catalyst for change; there should be value for the person at the end!
March 22, 2018
Join us in the marketing lab to discover the secrets of content strategy with the ingenious Rebecca Lieb, founding partner & analyst at Kaleido Insights!
We unveil the importance of experimenting with content strategy, the value your internal team holds to help generate content, the difference between content strategy and content marketing, and per usual smash up myths!
- Avoid being a content factory; quality over quantity
- No content = no marketing
- Content strategy is deciding the what, how to, & why
- 3 content marketing buckets: inform/educate, entertain, & utility
- Content marketing is the execution of a content strategy
- Make a plan to measure strategy & metrics in relation to what matters internally
- Ask how is the content helping the business?
March 15, 2018
Embark on a journey of truth about content marketing and all its advantages with bestselling author Michael Brenner, CEO of Marketing Insider Group!
We reveal how to provide a unique level of value for buyers, content marketing ROI, why native advertising is not content marketing, and per usual punch myths right in the face!
- Content marketing is a platform you own; it is owned media
- Create more content for the BEGINNING of the buyer’s journey
- A piece of content ≠ content marketing
- In the digital world, we know what buyers are asking!
- Social media does not count as content marketing
- Answer the basic questions for buyers
- Content marketing can show ROI on the four objectives
- Reach, engagement, conversion, retention
March 13, 2018
This episode exposes ridiculous reporting results & how to fix them with the marketing efficiency master Nicki Laycoax, the creator of Oogur!
We uncover why installing Google Analytics on a site is just not enough, how to improve reporting through the elimination of dark traffic, the similarity between attribution and sports, and as always smash myths right in the face!
- Build, track, report!
- Make sure to filter out internal traffic
- Attribution is like volleyball; credit the team & players when appropriate
- Dive deeper than the face value of reporting
- Use goals, annotations, & the URL builder for campaigns with Google Analytics
- When developing an app put that brain map on paper
- Dark traffic creates a real problem for reporting
March 8, 2018
This episode is why content strategy will make you cry tears of joy! Prepare for launch as we blast off with the oracle Andy Crestodina, Chief Marketing Officer & Co-founder of Orbit Media Studios!
We undertake this mission to learn what you should be doing with your content, how to rocket boost an article, the benefit of trigrams, and which myths to obliterate!
- Original research CRUSHES all other forms of content
- Work harder at headlines
- Indicate a benefit, be descriptive, & give people value
- Great content does NOT win
- Strongest factor for results = Promotion > Quality
- Social media is for networking, not leads!
- 3 hours 20 minutes is the average time it takes to write an article
- #1 tactic that correlates with strong results is influencer marketing
March 6, 2018
Batter up for this episode as we get the real deal on reporting with event ninja Zak Pines, the Marketing VP at Bedrock Data!
We touch base on the importance of unified data, the ROI analytics framework, accountability in marketing, and as always smash myths in the face!
Excellent takeaways from this show:
- Forget about only crediting one effort for influencing revenue
- Revenue is a team sport!
- Run marketing like a business to invest resources wisely
- Build your network by attending events
- LISTEN to your customers
- Be transparent, accountable, & thoughtful
- Bedrock Data Fusion solves the problem of separated data
- ROI analytics framework:
March 1, 2018
We reveal the resurrection of the phone and how call tracking software is changing the reporting game with Ryan Shank, CEO of Phonewagon!
Unearth the value of phone calls, what myths get punched in the face, the call tracking black hole, and how goals are like goldfish (we’re gonna need a bigger bowl!)
Incredible takeaways from this show:
- There was a gap in marketing & sales for phone tracking
- Phone calls convert 3x higher than web leads
- Phone is not dead! 70% of searches happen on a mobile device
- Self-discipline & consistency aid in success
- People want options to live chat, call, or fill out a form
- Be prepared to BLOW UP the product roadmap
February 22, 2018
We explore how real scientific theories on motivational psychology can be used to create the ultimate content strategy with Marli Mesibov, VP of Content Strategy at Mad*Pow!
Discover with us the power of psychology, what myths get crushed to the bone, the effective framework of user experience, and how to find your place in life!
Amazing takeaways from this show:
- How the psychology of motivation helps content strategy
- Self Determination Theory:
- Autonomy, Competence, Relatedness
- Fear is not a motivator
- Positive motivation is POWERFUL
- Good content is findable, usable, useful, & searchable
- Apply a user experience framework to content
- “Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing” - Benjamin Franklin (the dude on the hundred dollar bill)
February 22, 2018
We uncover the real roots of Marketing ROI in #005 with Jim Lenskold, author of Marketing ROI: The Path to Campaign, Customer, and Corporate Profitability!
Dive into this show as we rip open the real way to measure marketing ROI, crush marketing myths, and diagnose strategy leakage.
Awesome takeaways from this show:
- Understand what is marketing ROI (Return On Investment)?
- Use a feedback loop to be better & smarter
- Marketing ROI is not pass/fail
- Target segments you can win
- Every piece of info gets you closer to being more accurate!
- The 4 categories of measurement
- Results Tracking
- Pre/Post Trend (Look at the before & after)
- Marketing Testing