April 19, 2018
Join us as we investigate the world of technology and social media with rockstar Kevin Micalizzi, Host of the Quotable sales podcast!
We establish the social media mindset B2B needs to thrive, why you don’t need to be a writer to win at content, the importance of strategy before technology, and the myths that should get blown to pieces!
- Companies need to know the big picture when using social; know the buyer’s journey
- You don’t have to create brand new content to make great use of social
- Add your own commentary to content you share
- Always be authentic on social media
- Use LinkedIn to post quick videos that discuss the value of content you share
- You don’t have to be a writer in the content game; find what medium works!
- Determine the strategy & process before the technology & tools
April 12, 2018
Master how to get more leads by applying a social media first mentality in this episode with self-proclaimed narrative theory nerd Adam Hutchinson, Head of Marketing at Socedo!
Identify the power of videos in your content, how to use micro communities to engage with followers, the potential of social media, and the myths that get crushed to dust!
- 84% of B2B decision makers turn to social media to research companies
- Taking a content strategy & putting it on social media is not a social media strategy
- 90% of adults in North America are on social media
- Micro communities allow for more targeted engagement
- Put videos into your content mix; try out Periscope on Twitter
- Socially engaged leads convert 25% higher than leads from other sources
April 5, 2018
No BS was permitted in this episode that investigates the impact of conversational marketing with the epic storyteller & creator of a viral video Sonja Jacob, Content Strategy Team Lead at Drift!
Ascertain how storytelling with a narrative upgrades your content, how to use a sociological lens with marketing, why your voice matters in content, and the myths that get smashed to bits!
- The content machine is not built overnight nor by one person; encourage a team effort to create & share content!
- Personality + voice = differentiation in content
- AI can help marketers & sales be BETTER
- Talk in your content like you would one to one; third person is impersonal!
- Create opportunities to listen to prospects through sales & marketing
- Know what the greater narrative is in your storytelling
- Use personal references
- Back it up with data
- Provide context
March 29, 2018
Unleash the power growth hacking & growth marketing holds in this episode with the wonderful & passionate marketer Asia Matos, CEO & Founder of Demand Maven!
Determine how to reveal the valuable information your customers hold, the difference between growth hacking & growth marketing, how qualitative research doubles conversion rates, and the myths that get punched right in the face!
- Increase email open rates with an emoji in subject line
- Growth hacking is usually channel specific; growth marketing affects a core KPI
- Websites are the first line of defense & the content matters!
- Talking to customers needs to be a TOP priority
- Channels don’t exist in isolation from the business & customers
- Approach growth as experiments & remember it does not happen overnight!
March 27, 2018
Cross the oceans of content and account based marketing with digital marketing devotee Heidi Vandermeer, ABM Manager at Uberflip!
Determine what exactly account based marketing is, how to use sales to help with marketing efforts, the importance of promoting content marketing, and which myths bite the dust!
- Validate the story that data tells with your sales team
- Content marketing does not fuel inbound marketing; market your content!
- Account based marketing = concentrating on a defined list of target accounts
- Step beyond the page & connect with people to learn
- Test it out with ABM segmentation to see what resonates
- Content is a catalyst for change; there should be value for the person at the end!
March 22, 2018
Join us in the marketing lab to discover the secrets of content strategy with the ingenious Rebecca Lieb, founding partner & analyst at Kaleido Insights!
We unveil the importance of experimenting with content strategy, the value your internal team holds to help generate content, the difference between content strategy and content marketing, and per usual smash up myths!
- Avoid being a content factory; quality over quantity
- No content = no marketing
- Content strategy is deciding the what, how to, & why
- 3 content marketing buckets: inform/educate, entertain, & utility
- Content marketing is the execution of a content strategy
- Make a plan to measure strategy & metrics in relation to what matters internally
- Ask how is the content helping the business?
March 15, 2018
Embark on a journey of truth about content marketing and all its advantages with bestselling author Michael Brenner, CEO of Marketing Insider Group!
We reveal how to provide a unique level of value for buyers, content marketing ROI, why native advertising is not content marketing, and per usual punch myths right in the face!
- Content marketing is a platform you own; it is owned media
- Create more content for the BEGINNING of the buyer’s journey
- A piece of content ≠ content marketing
- In the digital world, we know what buyers are asking!
- Social media does not count as content marketing
- Answer the basic questions for buyers
- Content marketing can show ROI on the four objectives
- Reach, engagement, conversion, retention
March 13, 2018
This episode exposes ridiculous reporting results & how to fix them with the marketing efficiency master Nicki Laycoax, the creator of Oogur!
We uncover why installing Google Analytics on a site is just not enough, how to improve reporting through the elimination of dark traffic, the similarity between attribution and sports, and as always smash myths right in the face!
- Build, track, report!
- Make sure to filter out internal traffic
- Attribution is like volleyball; credit the team & players when appropriate
- Dive deeper than the face value of reporting
- Use goals, annotations, & the URL builder for campaigns with Google Analytics
- When developing an app put that brain map on paper
- Dark traffic creates a real problem for reporting
March 8, 2018
This episode is why content strategy will make you cry tears of joy! Prepare for launch as we blast off with the oracle Andy Crestodina, Chief Marketing Officer & Co-founder of Orbit Media Studios!
We undertake this mission to learn what you should be doing with your content, how to rocket boost an article, the benefit of trigrams, and which myths to obliterate!
- Original research CRUSHES all other forms of content
- Work harder at headlines
- Indicate a benefit, be descriptive, & give people value
- Great content does NOT win
- Strongest factor for results = Promotion > Quality
- Social media is for networking, not leads!
- 3 hours 20 minutes is the average time it takes to write an article
- #1 tactic that correlates with strong results is influencer marketing
March 6, 2018
Batter up for this episode as we get the real deal on reporting with event ninja Zak Pines, the Marketing VP at Bedrock Data!
We touch base on the importance of unified data, the ROI analytics framework, accountability in marketing, and as always smash myths in the face!
Excellent takeaways from this show:
- Forget about only crediting one effort for influencing revenue
- Revenue is a team sport!
- Run marketing like a business to invest resources wisely
- Build your network by attending events
- LISTEN to your customers
- Be transparent, accountable, & thoughtful
- Bedrock Data Fusion solves the problem of separated data
- ROI analytics framework: